Time From a Bottle
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- when written: roughly 2008-2009. I've temporarily lost where I originally wrote down the words. I think there were more of them (the first part of the second verse). When I find it, that will help pin down the date. As of 2013-02-09, I've recorded demo backing tracks and am waiting for the house to be quiet so I can do the vocals.
- It's in the evening
- and everything's all right
- Pistol-packin' mama, don't you tell me dirty lies
- for I'll be sleeping
- underground tonight
- and the starlight and the moon will shine without my oversight...
- Wasting away, spilling time from a bottle
- Keeping one hand up on the wheel and one hand on the throttle
- Wasting the day, spilling time from a bottle
- Watching all of our dreams like the stars going out one by one.
- I've got no time now
- for things I can't abide
- and trying to escape yourself requires a long long ride
- so grab a barstool
- to keep yourself afloat
- If the weather in my head gets out, you'll need your overcoat