<echo raw now> <iframe style="border: 0; width: 100%; height: 120px;" src="https://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album=783645022/size=large/bgcol=ffffff/linkcol=0687f5/tracklist=false/artwork=small/track=472525194/transparent=true/" seamless><a href="http://woozalia.bandcamp.com/album/rough-draughts">Rough Draughts by Woozalia</a></iframe> </echo>
This is the song I dreamed I was helping John Lennon record.
Can we go back where we were tomorrow yesterday?
I wasn't finished wandering, there wasn't time to play
You say there's lots of work to do
And lots of bills to pay
We'll be back again someday
Can I have my feelings back tomorrow yesterday?
I really wasn't happy when you took them all away
I don't know where you've taken them
I really couldn't say
They'll be back again someday
The words I cross out and the words I keep'll
be my only chance to work out how to say
I barely can imagine all the people
Living for today.
Can I have my memories back tomorrow yesterday?
I need to understand the depth of my naiveté
And after all the things I'm going through,
You want them right away
I'll have to make it up someday
(saxophone break, just because)
Can we have the future back tomorrow yesterday?
I wasn't finished dreaming of a place where I could stay
You say that dreams are pointless,
So I've nothing more to say
I'll be back again someday
- 2013-08-08 (morning) Had the dream about this song; wrote down the bits I could remember.
- 2015-01-26 Verses pretty much finished.
- 2016-12-08 Came up with the instrumental refrain (A, Gb, Bm, E) and a better bridge (I think).
- 2017-08-05 Really not happy with lyrics to bridge so far. Maybe this is better, finally?
- 2017-09-12 Rearranged text here to match what I recorded.