< MeJump to navigation Jump to search
Transgenderity is a birth defect which results in some combination of the following:
- social misidentification, starting at birth. In most cases, this goes unaddressed until the victim notices the resulting dysphoria and is able to convince others it is real.
- endocrine disorder: the victim has the wrong set of sex hormones, typically resulting in social maladaptation and emotional issues
- gender-related body dysphoria (aka gender dysphoria): the victim feels discomfort because gender-related aspects of their body are the wrong gender
Treatment can involve any or all of the following:
- HRT: hormone replacement therapy, to correct the endocrine disorder caused by the birth and begin reshaping the body
- Surgery to directly alter the body shape to conform to the victim's actual gender; this can include:
- SRS: surgical reconfiguration of the sex organs
- "top" surgery
- voice surgery (MtF only)
- facial hair removal (MtF only)
For the specific treatments I am using, see transition/status.